Monday, June 5, 2017

Project 13 Finalizing my African batik crossroads quilt


Now that the backing is done it was time to combine all pieces together and finalize the quilt. I had bought some basting, unfortunately it was that horrible synthetic stuff, as I could not find the nice thick cotton quality I had used for Alexei's quilt (bought in the US). I tried different techniques for the quilting. I glued (or so I tried) the different layers together. Only the synthetic basting did not really take to the glue I found out the hard was as I was quilting. I tried using my embroidery foot (or free style foot) to have the fabric slide easily through the sewing machine ......... and then ended up using the normal foot and of course the lower layer started going in different directions. I am happy with the result, even if there are quite some irregularities. A learning curve going upwards and that is what matters. (13 March)

No comments:

Post a Comment